I Love all things bread, Sourdough bread, sweet bread, biscuits, rolls, ciabatta, cinnamon-raisin you name it! And banana bread, I mean come on who doesn’t love a toasted slice of banana bread smeared with butter. Stick a fork in me. I also LOVE Oatmeal pancakes, so I figured HEY! why not combine the two. So we gave birth to an Oatmeal Banana Bread! Okay I’m sure others have made this but humor me, it was so good that I’m feeling like a rock star in my kitchen right now. I pretty much tweaked/combined my two recipes. So read the recipe and Go Make Some!
Oatmeal Banana Bread
You will need:
• 3/4 C. Oats
• 1 C. Whole Wheat Flour
• 2/3 C. Milk
• 2/3 C. Honey or Sugar
• 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
• 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
• 1/2 Tsp. Salt
• 1/3 C. Butter, Melted and Cooled
• 2 Eggs
• 1 C. Banana Pulp (3-4 Bananas Well Ripened)
Alright, so I like to use steel cut oats so I recommend soaking them the night before or allowing them to soak for about 8 hours. Although you could totally do this recipe with instant oats and not soak, just adjust accordingly.
Butter a loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350°
- Mix the flour, Oats and Milk and let it sit overnight.
- The next morning whip together honey/sugar with the melted and cooled butter.
- Incorporate the eggs to the sugar mixture.
- Combine your dry ingredients; baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly pour in the wet mix to the soaked oats, flour and milk.
- Add in your dry ingredients.
- Now smoosh those bananas and stir them in,Pour in more milk if your batter is too thick, starting with a tablespoon at a time.
- Pour the batter into buttered loaf pan, you can line your pan with parchment paper to make your life (pulling your bread out) easier.
- Place in preheated oven for 1/2 an hour, then reduce the heat to 325° for another half hour. Do the toothpick test till it comes out clean. Remove the loaf from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool.
Find a cute banana smoosher if can, your bread will taste better.
Allow to cool till you can no longer stand it then cut that baby up, smear with butter and Enjoy!